Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Built-in Bluetooth adapter has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 garymiller

garymiller

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

I don't know if it's related to the query or not, but after updating to Windows 10, my Bluetooth device has stopped working. Now, I am using HP Spectre and it's top of the line laptops from HP. When I discussed this query from my vendor, he says that my laptop is affected by Malware and that is why the bluetooth device is not working. Later he was trying to upsell me an antivirus software for about $50 more. Well, I didn't purchased it, I bought an external Bluetooth dongle and now that's working perfectly fine. But the question remains the same; is it because of the malware that my bluetooth is not working? I personally think that's kind of very lame to think but then again, I can't be too sure. 

Edited by britechguy, 14 September 2017 - 08:52 AM.
Split to separate topic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 28,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

It sounds like the vendor was trying to gouge you for more money.  Windows Defender comes with Windows 10 and is a good antivirus, unless you have a preference for another antivirus I would stick with the Windows Defender.

It would help if you post the make and model of this computer.

Did you upgrade this computer to Windows 10 or did the vendor?  If the vendor did this they should have done a search at the manufacturer's website for driver for Windows 10 drivers.  If you did the upgrade you should go to the manufacturer's website and see if they have a bluetooth driver for Windows 10.

As for malware, did the vendor run any security scans to substantiate the fact that this computer was infected?  If you have any question that this computer is infected you can have this topic moved to the Am I Infected, What Do I Do forum.  The type of scan run there can not be used in the Windows forums.

Other than the bluetooth issue is the computer operating properly?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users