Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GMER bsod and weird driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bob86

Bob86

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

I am having some issues with GMER blue screening when i do a scan. When i run Bluescreen view it shows 2 files that cause the crash ntoskrnl.exe and a .sys not even google can find fgndrpog.sys. I aint sure if its part of GMER or not but thats what is causing the BSOD in normal and safe mode so i aint sure if its a infection or a driver issue but because i dont see it under device manager or in the system32\driver folder i aint sure what to do as google search dont find anything with the file name.

fgndrpog.sys From Address fffff808`c6040000 to Address fffff808`c6050000

I use malwarebytes premium + windows defender + windows firewall advanced and a have ran scans with DrWeb cure it, HitmanPro, Emisoft, Zalman and nothing is detected so i aint sure if its infection related or just hardware related.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bob86

Bob86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

Nevermind it turns out that fgndrpog.sys is the GMER driver that gets put into /local/temp/ when ever you open GMER. Still have no idea what is causing the BSOD because it only happens with GMER and the aswMBR scanner. I have also tried turning off Virtualization Technology in the bios. Can someone mark as solved please as im pretty sure im clean after flicking throught all my scan logs and running alot of other applications. It it probs hardware related so i will do a diskcheck and memtest.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 69,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

...Still have no idea what is causing the BSOD because it only happens with GMER...

GMER is known for being extremely good at rootkit detection, but it is also known for occasionally being unstable on some computers. There are varying reasons GMER will not run properly or result in a BSOD. In some cases, a BSOD may be attributed to one of the scanning options available when running GMER and you may need to uncheck one or more of those options to get it to run properly.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users