Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 steals security programs.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:18 PM

Happy (coming soon) Birthday! If you previously paid for MalwareBytes, you are in their database. If, for some errant reason a re-download of their product occurs and auto activation of the license isn't forthcoming, contacting them will rectify that as they are a well established company with integrity.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Haha, yes, small World. I had those 2 foods on my table just a couple of hours ago. Hope you like it!:)

#18 bertie101

bertie101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

There is a reported problem with Malwarebytes recent updates where the update process removes the prior version and doesn't complete the new version install.  This isn't a Windows 10 issue, it is a reported Malwarebytes issue.  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/210024-software-program-vanished-got-deleted/

Just go to the Malwarebytes site and re-install.  (The link for the updated version install is in the above Malwarebytes forum post.)  It resolved my issue and I didn't have to resupply my license ID and key.

#19 cathmary

cathmary

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for all this info... I just discovered that my Malwarebytes Premium (latest version) (installed 10/26) was gone off my brand-new laptop....   Just flat gone.  Everything.  I had to download the app again, re-activate, re-scan.   This time, however, I have adjusted Windows Defender to NOT scan c:\program files\Malwarebytes\   We'll see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users