Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

favorite web browser

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 fonelab1o1

fonelab1o1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

what about uc browser?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 johnblack663

johnblack663

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

firefox for their add ons.

#18 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

what about uc browser?

The UC browser is nice but its adblocker is kinda week. I'd rather use Firefox with Ublock Origin. Although UC seems faster than Firefox probably because it supposedly has cloud processing either way UC is a good mobile browser it's even available for Windows.

#19 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

firefox for their add ons.

Huh. An 'add-on' eco-system which is about to implode.....and will reduce FireFox to the status of an 'also-ran'.

Very short-sighted of Mozilla.  :nono:

what about uc browser?

Never heard of it.....  :scratchhead:

Mike.   :wink:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 12 October 2017 - 05:46 PM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 500GB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#20 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 584 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

Was a FF user until version 57. I cant use my fav extension of replaceintabs-erase which closes current tabs with newer ones i open instead of adding new tabs to already opened tabs which all browsers seem to do now except waterfox.

#21 ajg617

ajg617

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Long-time Navigator/FF user at home.  +1 to what Mike_Walsh and bruinator have said.  Am not upgrading to FF 57 because all of the extensions I like will no longer be supported.  Stupid move on Mozilla's part because most existing providers of add-ons have thrown in the towel.  Back to IE (yuk!) while I look at SeaMonkey and PaleMoon.

#22 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,914 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

There is nothing so constant as change.

I would not be surprised were the thinking at Firefox that the update to 57 presents an opportunity to purge a bloated add-on catalog (many of which haven't worked for quite a while).

Those who are still serious about the add-ons they've created will end up tweaking them to run under the new paradigm.  It's a standard part of being a programmer over the long haul.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#23 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

I've heard you'll be able to re-enable legacy mode in Firefox 57 through about:config.

But who knows how long Mozilla will allow this.

Good point britechguy.

Edited by SuperSapien64, 15 October 2017 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users