Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ntoskrnl.exe BSODs, ran driver verifier, got driver verifier iomanager violation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ricefueled

ricefueled

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm completely new to any of this diagnostic or debugging stuff. I've tried to follow instructions as best as I could but don't be surprised if I get lost here and there.

Here's the speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/71UhuCsj7mdA21xtSSgq5Dx

The Sysnative app zip file is attached as well.

My system BSODs a couple of times every month. WhoCrashed pointed towards ntoskrnl.exe as the source of those particular BSODs, and the errors range from FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE to SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION to BAD_POOL_HEADER. Since most of them involved memory errors, I tested my last set of RAM modules and was able to RMA them after having found multiple errors. Upon installing my new RAM modules, the BSODs still occur at about the same frequency. I've also tested the new RAM modules through 4 passes, and got no errors. I have yet to do an overnight test run.

I have no clue what I'm doing, really, and so I ran the driver verifier according to some suggestions online and got DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION. Resetting the driver verifier still left me stuck in a BSOD loop, so I did a system restore. I'm completely lost at this point. Problems seem to point to driver issues, but I'm not completely sure how to best update my drivers. Doing it through the device manager sure doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Any tips will help, but please be patient with me. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ricefueled

ricefueled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

Damn, mucked up the file attachment. Great start. It should be actually attached now.

Attached Files

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Hi,

Please attach the Sysnative File Collection Zip file that was requested for in the instructions.

Regards,

bwv848

Edit: Never mind, we posted at the same time. :blush:

Edited by bwv848, 13 September 2017 - 01:25 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Hi,

I didn't see any Driver Verifier BSOD dumps in the uploaded reports — did they just happen today? When did you replace your RAM sticks? A dump from two days ago indicated a 0x12B bugcheck, usually indicating faulty RAM (BUT not always).

Suggest you turn off Driver Verifier and run these free hardware diagnostics. You should run the MemTest86 test for EIGHT passes (instead of three) ONE stick at a time and run the Prime95 blend test, as well as the other tests (GPU, CPU, HDD, etc.).

If ALL the hardware diagnostics pass, please update your BIOS + Windows, to rule out the chance of compatibility issues.

Regards,

bwv848

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 ricefueled

ricefueled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

Hi,

I didn't see any Driver Verifier BSOD dumps in the uploaded reports — did they just happen today? When did you replace your RAM sticks? A dump from two days ago indicated a 0x12B bugcheck, usually indicating faulty RAM (BUT not always).

Suggest you turn off Driver Verifier and run these free hardware diagnostics. You should run the MemTest86 test for EIGHT passes (instead of three) ONE stick at a time and run the Prime95 blend test, as well as the other tests (GPU, CPU, HDD, etc.).

If ALL the hardware diagnostics pass, please update your BIOS + Windows, to rule out the chance of compatibility issues.

Regards,

bwv848

Eek, looks like I messed up again. Turns out I ran the Sysnative app after I had done a system restore. I did, however, upload the three dumps I had today, which I think should include the Driver Verifier BSOD dumps?

I'm not sure if I should attach them, but I've also uploaded them here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Mv3Nr8eM-4S29UQlc2YTNkMmM

I'll try to get the hardware diagnostics done tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Thank you for the tips so far.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

The hardware diagnostics are going to take a few days, so no need to rush. ALL the DV dump files blame ScpVBus.sys a component of your ScpToolkit software. Please uninstall any software related to it while we're troubleshooting. The driver is ancient and not intended for W10.

#7 ricefueled

ricefueled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

The hardware diagnostics are going to take a few days, so no need to rush. ALL the DV dump files blame ScpVBus.sys a component of your ScpToolkit software. Please uninstall any software related to it while we're troubleshooting. The driver is ancient and not intended for W10.

Hi bwv848,

Thanks for the tips so far. I've uninstalled ScpToolkit for now as you suggested. I've also run both sticks of RAM individually through eight passes each, with no errors. I've also done the diagnostics suggested for my SSD, since the BSODs occur even when my HDD is not connected. Everything is fine so far.

I still have yet to perform any of the suggested stress tests, but I'll get to those as soon as I can.

I wanted to get your opinion on the solution posted here, found in the green highlighted 'correct answer': https://community.amd.com/thread/189756

My situation is suspiciously similar to theirs. My BSODs occur almost exclusively after waking up from sleep (sorry, I should have mentioned this!), and I also happen to have a Gigabyte motherboard. His solution involves increasing RAM voltage very slightly, since apparently Gigabyte motherboards happen to have some sleep issues. I wanted to bring this up in case it's something I could actually try. I'm also curious if the stress tests you've recommended in your hardware diagnostics link would be able to discover this sort of problem.

Let me know what you think! And thanks again for the help so far!

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

Hi,

It wouldn't hurt to try that solution. Sorry to ask again, when (on what day) did you replace your RAM sticks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users