Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Edge

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bug1971

bug1971

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Hey guys and gals, Microsoft edge will not play video Pandora doesn't work or you tube videos. but, it will play Facebook games which use flash. I have cleared the history and cache, made sure Adobe flash was on. I even reset edge using PowerShell but, still no luck. I am hoping that the windows 10 fall creators update will fix this problem. does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this now. I am not too sure if  its a flash problem or HTML 5 problem. thanks in advance for the help. it is much appreciated.  I even tried running edge in safe mode only to find out that edge will not run in safe mode, because edge is considered a windows store app.

Edited by bug1971, 13 September 2017 - 09:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bug1971

bug1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

To me microsoft edge is the best brower out there. But, if I can't fix this i will be forced to use firefox or chrome.

Edited by bug1971, 13 September 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#3 Aikame

Aikame

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

Hi Bug1971,

A few questions:

- Did you try if the video you are referencing is working on another computer in Edge?

- If it is working, did you try to uninstall Edge and install it again?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

The first step in the Pandora troubleshooting is to try another browser to verify that it is a browser issue.  Take a look at the solution offered in this Microsoft thread.

#5 bug1971

bug1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

@ Aikame, yes, it works on other computers, and yes I did uninstall and reset using powershell, nothing has worked so far

#6 bug1971

bug1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:59 PM

@ kilroy, pandora does work in other browsers. I have read that Microsoft thread before. But it still does not work

Edited by bug1971, 21 September 2017 - 08:02 PM.

#7 Aikame

Aikame

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the extra details.

Maybe changing a property in Internet Options will help.

Click Windows Key + R, and a run window will open.

Paste the following: inetcpl.cpl

In the Internet Options window that pops up, enable: 'Use Software Rendering instead of GPU rendering'

Now restart your computer and see if this helped (and let me know:))

#8 bug1971

bug1971
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

@ aikame, yes, I even tried that too. I am at a loss. I tried everything. I even tried resetting windows 10 but with no luck.I am hoping that the windows fall creators update will fix my problem. If I recall correctly, Edge started giving me problems after the first windows creators update. I am using Chrome and Firefox at the moment but I am so used to using edge and IE that I just don't care too much for the other browsers. I do find myself using IE quite a bit yes, its outdated but at least it works on my machine. Thank you all for the great advice. you guys rock. much love and respect to you all.

Edited by bug1971, 22 September 2017 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users