Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mic making a high pitched noise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HiveGaming

HiveGaming

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

I'm having an issue where when I listen to my mic there is a really annoying whining noise. This noise is louder when I listen to my main mic, but is still there when I listen to the mic that is on my headset. Its not as loud on my headset mic but is there. My main mic is a Shure sm7b plugged into a presonus Audiobox USB, when I unplug the mic and listen to just the audiobox its still there. So Iv come the the conclusion that its at least not the mic. Any help would be appreciated.

Iv uploaded the noise here for you to know what I'm talking about: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1O1HXDICLlc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

When you hear of this sort of problem with mics you automatically tend to think of audio feedback  and that is probably what is happening here. The other automatic suspect is electrical interference but that does not seem to be what is happening here. Here is a frequency analysis of your 'noise' -

Attached File  Frequency analysis.jpg   59.92KB   0 downloads

It is actually a pretty quiet noise, I had to turn the gain on my audio way up above normal to be able to hear it, but annoying for all that.

Electrical interference tends to peak at 50 or 60 Hz (depending on your supply) plus harmonics, whereas this signal seems to peak at a very low level with harmonic peaks at 1, 2 and 3 KHz.

How accurate the frequency analysis is I cannot vouch for, it was created using the analyser in the freeware Audacity audio editor but iit may be of some help to you.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away for a couple of weeks from Sunday 24 September with variable internet connectivity. PMs may not be answered as promptly as usual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users