Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

calendars

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PDN

PDN

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow and my desktop is Windows 10 Pro. Chrome is my browser so I use that calendar.

I am trying to have the same calendar on both devices and synced.

I downloaded the Google calendar to my phone but it is not as good as the calendar that came with the phone and is not synced with the PC..

Is there a way to sync the phone's calendar with the desktop one; or is there a way to sync any good calendar so the phone and PC are the same?

I have Google this as much as I can. The tutorials do not seem to work.

Thank you

PS  The stock galaxy calendar has the feature which allows you to point and an enlarged picture of the event is displayed while the Google calendar does not.  I really love this point feature if possible to get.

Edited by PDN, 13 September 2017 - 08:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,377 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

1) https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en

2) I use Outlook on my desktop and Business Calendar Pro on my Android. I sync them using the free CalDav Synchronizer

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,290 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

I am not quite certain what you're describing with the S5 calendar as far as pointing.

Google's calendar on Android will open the event/appointment with a single tap on it so that you can see it in its entirety.  The same can be done in whatever browser you happen to be viewing the Google Calendar in by clicking on any of the "non-text occupied" area of the appointment.

I'm familiar with mouse hover giving a preview on the Windows Desktop for some applications, but not on Android.  My S7 doesn't have a Samsung calendar app built in that I can find, so I have nothing to compare against in terms of what you're seeing on the S5.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#4 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

"Mouse hover" is what my finger does with the calendar that came with the phone - I could not due without it due to vision.

I installed Google's calendar on the phone and it is not as good as the one that came with the phone.

It seems the non Google calendar does not sync with the Google one on my desktop (Windows 10). I did study the tutorials.

I do not know how to find out what calendar I have on my phone.

I guess if I get another phone like iPhone that I will have a lot of transcribing to do.

For now I will use my phone's calendar and worry about a new phone if and when.

Thank you

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,290 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

Google calendar will sync, everywhere and automatically, if and only if you are logged in as the same Google User on your phone and on your desktop.

You can also share calendars, but that's its own thing.  I have three other Google accounts whose calendars are shared with my main one, and all of them show up on both my desktop and Android Google Calendar when that's the Google Account I'm logged in to.

There's nothing tricky about getting Google Calendar to sync, in fact there's nothing to do.  If you are logged in as user1@gmail.com on your phone and user1@gmail.com on your computer then both will be looking at the same e-mail, calendar, drive, etc.,etc., etc.  Your Google account is the key to what you see and what gets synced.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#6 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

I will sign in on both the desktop gmail and the phone's gmail and see if the calendars are there. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users