Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to hide your open ports?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kaoo

kaoo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:57 AM

Hello,

whoer.net says this:
AQKoBb.jpg

How do I make that no website would be able to see that I have open ports (and that I am using proxy) ?

thank you!

Edited by hamluis, 13 September 2017 - 04:55 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

it's in your firewall settings, you would create an inbound rule to block that port number.

#3 i2D_

i2D_

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:03 AM

Port scanning would always see a open port..

You can close it or use a reverse proxy to mask it..

If you want to somewhat hide your port you could also make the public port to your router/firewall different to your local server, depending on the router/firewall you use, some allow this.

Edited by i2D_, 16 September 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

As far as I know, you can't hide an open port.  If the port was hidden, showed as closed, then whatever application you wanted to use would get the port not open and your application wouldn't work.

Port Knocking is the only thing I know of that might do something for you, but the application would have to allow it.

#5 i2D_

i2D_

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

As far as I know, you can't hide an open port.  If the port was hidden, showed as closed, then whatever application you wanted to use would get the port not open and your application wouldn't work.

Port Knocking is the only thing I know of that might do something for you, but the application would have to allow it.

I was going to mention knocking but thought it was to deep :)

however, it has nothing to do with the application itself.... you just need to install the service like "knockd" on Ubuntu... it listens to ports being "knocked" in a pattern and within a certain time and then that triggers knockd to open the desired port, this works vice versa to block the port too!

#6 fieldengineer

fieldengineer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the useful post it is really helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users