Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rougescanfix Log Thing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acci_dent

acci_dent

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:50 AM

I've done the whole Virusburst removal thing and it's stopped some of the taskbar things popping up but some still inform me that something is up, they are of the yellow triangle w/ exclamation mark kind. Also I have two extra Processes running in the Windows task bar, namely pmmon.exe and pmsngr.exe, that won't end when I tell them to and that I think are related to my problem.

Here's my Rougescanfix task.txt:

Export SharedTaskScheduler key
------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

Please help!

Edited by acci_dent, 18 September 2006 - 02:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

Hi,

Perform the instructions from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63896/how-to-remove-virusburst-removal-instructions/
Starting from step 11.
That should solve your problem. :thumbsup:
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 acci_dent

acci_dent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:23 AM

No no, I've done all that:

I've done the whole Virusburst removal thing

(Except for step 20, but only because it didn't approve of Firefox :thumbsup: )

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:05 PM

Strange. I also hope you did this in safe mode as explained there, because in normal mode it won't work.
So try it again in safe mode. If that didn't work, perform next:

read this first:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Then post your hijackthislog in the right forum as mentionned in above.
Me or someone else will take a look at it.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 acci_dent

acci_dent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:19 AM

Well I downloaded ad-aware, scanned, cleaned alot of bad files, restarted, cleaned more bad files, restarted again, scanned and found no bad files. The taskbar popups have stopped and pmmon.exe and pmsngr.exe are gone, I think it's all good now.

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:13 AM

Good to hear you solved it :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users