Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 wont boot, or it gets stuck, wont update, just resets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Conrad137

Conrad137

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

Was not simple trying to clarify my problem in a small title. My online classes begin in 5 days, I am desperate here! Here we go. 2 days ago I tried to import pics from my phone to laptop. I have had this laptop only for 3-4 months, and just mainly used it for school. Before halfway through the importing of pics process it rejects my phone, and will no longer recognize it (Samsung Galaxy S5 active btw). I did so much research, and tried so many usb settings tweeks, but nothing. It hates my phone for some reason. 

Then at a point during all that, I reset my laptop and it just gets stuck with black screen and circle bubbles. Doing all the things you can think of on google, so many searches. It goes from that to getting stuck on welcome screen, then doing more work and searching, I get it to go to my desktop, but its only a black screen with mouse cursor. Before this point I couldn't even get it to boot through safe mode, it would get stuck. I can get safe mode now, but wont let me access any setting or options, no control panel. Not even start menu! I could only get into task and device managers. At that point I saw "!"s on my display adapters, video card, network card, and a couple of other visual type devices. Tried to uninstall, reinstall drivers, nothing. I've done so many things to resolve this, but ask if I've done it anyway, please. Before I left for work earlier, I just gave up. I started the reformat process from the reset pc setting. After it finished I put in my time zone info in, with all the date and time settings already in place. But it wont connect to wifi, or wired. With it wired, it tries for longer, then the laptop just resets and it goes back to the date and time settings page again. I'm sorry if this is too long, I have been at this for 2 days like I said. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting to mention, so any questions just ask away.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

If you use reset this pc option, then this installs windows fresh again. With that option you're going to lose settings, drivers, updates etc. Check the device manager and see if all your hardware is detecting and functioning without (!) signs. Especially the network cards. If there are driver issues then, typically you need to reinstall this driver via drivers disk that came with the pc, or download them from a working pc from vendor website for the make/model/motherboard model.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Did a recovery disc come with this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Conrad137

Conrad137
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

Acer e15 N16Q3 no disc came with. Windows was just pre-loaded on there. I'm at the point were I think something screwed up the hard drive or some other piece of hardware. Was an obvious driver issue before, but after everything I've done I would think that would have resolved by now.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

I would suggest performing a Refresh.  This will save your personal files and programs you have installed.

How to perform a Windows 10 Refresh from Installation Media

To do a Refresh on a computer which can not boot you will need Windosw 10 Installation Media.

If you don't have installation media you can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create installation media for either a disc or flash drive.  Follow the instruction for the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.

In order to use either form of installation media you need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the type of media (disc or USB flash drive) is the first device in the boot order, and the ssd/hdd the second device.

If you are using a disc place it in the tray of your optical drive, close the door and restart the computer.  When the computer recognizes the disc it will instruct you to press any button to boot from the disc.

If you are using a USB flash drive place it in a USB port and restart the computer.  You will receive the message to press any key to boot from the device.

There is a very good tutorial available, you will find it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users