Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aspire laptop wont stay on .. quickly shuts off


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigal41

bigal41

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

My daughter has a aspire laptop running windows 7 ...when she now tries to turn on the unit it goes to the screen that says start windows in normal mode ( it appears for about a half a sec ) ...BUT then you hear a click and it shuts off! Any thoughts as to what can be happening or help in solving this problem.  Thank you



BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


m

#2 technonymous

technonymous

  • Members
  • 2,465 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

It can be a whole slew of things, but not limited to these...

 

-Dead battery.

-Malfunctioning/damaged power adapter. The end is damage, short in wire, internal damage in the adapters (box).

-Malfunctioning/damaged power port on the laptop. Power port worn/damaged, port solder contacts torn away from the PCB.

-Dead bios battery

-Overheating. Dust, thermal paste, malfunctioning/seized system processor fan.

-Other unseen issues. Power buttons broke/jammed. USB ports damaged causing a system short, Water spills.



#3 bigal41

bigal41
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

Thank you for the reply.

 

I unplugged the power cord no effect  Battery is full

power button is good ... it turns the unit on but for just a split sec

Don't know about bio battery ... will look into it

no water damage as far as we can tell or expect to have happened

Unit is not on long enough to over heat

 

I am open to other suggestions please.



#4 mikey11

mikey11

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:49 AM


Unit is not on long enough to over heat

 

 

 

 

yes it is,

 

i have seen computers turn off in about 2 seconds because of overheating,

 

overheating would be my theory,

 

the fan and heat sink need to be cleaned


Edited by mikey11, 13 September 2017 - 06:49 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users