Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So much adware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrMysterious

MrMysterious

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

My computer has so many viruses it seems ridiculous. Each different antivirus I install detects different adware, however it still comes back. This includes the adware that steals information and I wish to be rid of all of this malware. In fact, I think the viruses are messing up my internet as it is extremely slow and has barely any range compared to when I used it before. Please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 11,789 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to BC....

Use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Malwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:

Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes/

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

Download and run the FREE online scanner from Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET

• Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
  • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click Start to begin scanning.
  • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
  • When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
  • Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
  • Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 MrMysterious

MrMysterious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

# AdwCleaner 7.0.2.1 - Logfile created on Tue Sep 12 23:48:52 2017
# Updated on 2017/29/08 by Malwarebytes 
# Running on Windows 10 Home (X64)
# Mode: clean

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services deleted.

***** [ Folders ] *****

No malicious folders deleted.

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files deleted.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs cleaned.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI cleaned.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts cleaned.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks deleted.

***** [ Registry ] *****

Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\d10lpsik1i8c69.cloudfront.net
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\d10lpsik1i8c69.cloudfront.net
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\plarium.com
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\d10lpsik1i8c69.cloudfront.net
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\d10lpsik1i8c69.cloudfront.net
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\plarium.com
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\###MegaShellExtPending
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\###MegaShellExtSynced
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\###MegaShellExtSyncing

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries deleted.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Chromium entries deleted.

::Tracing keys deleted
::Winsock settings cleared
::Additional Actions: 0

C:/AdwCleaner/AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [1530 B] - [2017/9/12 20:6:4]
C:/AdwCleaner/AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1407 B] - [2017/9/12 19:56:48]
C:/AdwCleaner/AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [2866 B] - [2017/9/12 23:47:48]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt ##########

This is a scan I did before ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.4 (07.09.2017)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 
Ran by Darren (Administrator) on Tue 09/12/2017 at 16:25:25.81
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

File System: 0 

Registry: 1 

Successfully deleted: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\GoogleChromeAutoLaunch_E750961A748FE6BDA046D6C18CB09171 (Registry Value) 

Scan was completed on Tue 09/12/2017 at 16:29:23.61
End of JRT log
This scan I did a little before but to no avail as ads still appear

I am doing the ESET scan right now but nothing is showing up and after using all of these programs and hitman pro the adware just keeps on regenerating. I also didn't use Ccleaner, sorry if that was important, because I'm not very good with unchecking and making sure no additional adware was installed.

Edited by MrMysterious, 13 September 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#4 MrMysterious

MrMysterious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

My internet is still slow and so is my computer from all this adware. Could it be something more sinister?

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 11,789 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:55 AM

Did Eset find anything?

Almost ALL programs...especially free ones....are bundled with adware. Some, such as CCleaner, gives you a chance to avoid the adware install.

All you have to do is pay attention and read what is shown at each step of install and UNcheck any offer of another program such as Google Chrome or Google toolbar.

Try installing CCleaner.

Do you have an ad blocker installed in your browsers? If so, which one?

You didn't mention using MBAM or post its scan log. Below are the instructions I posted in my first post. Along with scanning using MBAM, follow the

instructions for running a scan using MBAR...a rootkit scanner.

Malwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:

Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes/

Edited by buddy215, 14 September 2017 - 05:56 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 MrMysterious

MrMysterious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:26 AM

I used MBAM and ESET, they didnt find anything. I have adblockerplus and kaspersky protection on my browser, yet certain pages like Listverse are full of Dell and Appnexus ads. Before, when I first scanned with antivirus it was full of adware, yet the adware keeps on regenerating as whenever I delete it it comes back. I've scanned with Hitman Pro and it finds so many cookies and adware, yet when I delete it it always comes back. Is there some sort of core to this problem? P.S. I am running MBAR right now, will have to see what pops up!

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 11,789 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

After running MBAR...do this:

Click on the ABP icon in your browsers and choose Filter Preferences. Then UNcheck the box next to Allow some non-intrusive advertisements. Close the

browser(s), run CCleaner to clean out the caches and cookies, then reopen the browser(s).

If you are still seeing a lot of ads then you will need to start a new topic in the malware removal forum by following the instructions below.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

#8 MrMysterious

MrMysterious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Here, you can close it https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/657322/computer-seems-full-of-adwaremalware-that-just-isnt-getting-removed/

accidentally posted a bunch more than normal because I was impatient

Edited by MrMysterious, 14 September 2017 - 06:51 PM.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,578 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

I removed your duplicate postings.

Now that your new topic is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the information or any log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your system is clean.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers but your topic will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

I advise checking your new topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Good luck.
The BC Staff
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users