Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Error (0xc000007b)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cucbeo

cucbeo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

I‘m using Windows 10 Home x64. When I run random apps on my PC, for example VLC Player, Adobe Reader and others, I get the error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
I have upgraded teh system to Creators Update a couple of weeks ago and everything went smooth up until today.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

go into your control panel and select programs, and see if anything was installed with today's(the day you started having issues) date.  if something got installed then you may be infected with some malware/adware.  then you need the malware cleaning process.  if nothing was installed then i would try using a restore point and going back a couple days to when your pc was running without issues.  you may have to try a couple different ones because they often fail restoring.   if your get a successful restore then see if your problem goes away.

let us know how it goes.

#3 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

You can try these methods:

Method 1:
1.Goto google search that application.dll file and download it.
2.Then copy that .dll file and goto local disk c: -Windows-System 32.
3.You can paste that copied file into this folder.
4.Finally once restart your pc the error 0xc000007b is solved.

Method 2:
1.Goto your desktop then right click on that application icon and goto "Properties".
2.Then choose "compatibility" here tick to enable "Run this program in compatibility mode for" then also choose your operating system.
3.Also tick to enable at the bottom of side option"Run this program as an administrator" option.
4.Then select "General tab" here you can tick "Read-only" option, after the click to "save" all changes.
5.Now try to access your application the problem is solved.

Method 3:
1.Goto your local disk then locate that application installed folder.
2.Click to open that folder,here locate application icon then right click on it.
3.Choose "create shortcut", then goto your desktop and click to access that application icon.
4.Finally the error is fixed.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework.

Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.

2GvnEq2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users