Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PUP.Optional.infoG

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 QawsAq

QawsAq

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hello!

After running ADWcleaner I get this registry key in my logs:

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.InfoG, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{48E59293-9880-11CF-9754-00AA00C00908}

I'm tryng to remove it but I can't do that (I tried with JRT, Adwcleaner and ComboFix)

If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated!  :thumbup2: 

Maybe I can use FRST?

Edited by hamluis, 12 September 2017 - 01:53 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

If ADWCleaner found this PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) you should be able to follow the instructions below to use it to remove the PUP.

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Sparkfear

Sparkfear

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Please do not use ComboFix without having proper experience.

As mentioned above it should be able to be removed, if not try doing it in safe mode.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

ComboFix and FRST are not suppose to be used without supervision by a member of the Malware Removal Team member in their forum.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Sparkfear

Sparkfear

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

ComboFix and FRST are not suppose to be used without supervision by a member of the Malware Removal Team member in their forum.

I believe there's a misunderstanding here.
I replied to:

I'm tryng to remove it but I can't do that (I tried with JRT, Adwcleaner and ComboFix)
If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated!  :thumbup2: 
Maybe I can use FRST?

Suggesting him not to use it.

#6 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Describe your current antivirus/antimalware environment.

Whatever you are using could be "protecting" your system from changes in which case you could boot in Safe Mode (when the AV should not be loaded) or temporarily disable the AV.

Describe what "tryng to remove it but I can't do that" means.

How are you trying to remove it?

When you try to remove it exactly what happens (nothing happens, you get an error, it looks like it works but the PUP is still there, etc.).

if you choose to let AdwCleaner remove the PUP your system should restart (usually) and display a log file with the results.

I wonder if there are some clues in there?

Edited by joseibarra, 13 September 2017 - 02:54 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users