Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Elevated Command Prompt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DorisMB1956

DorisMB1956

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

I keep getting the blue dump screen and tracked it back to needing SP1 for Windows 7. Now I am trying to install the Sp1 and I need to have a elevated command prompt to install it, but I keep getting error messages and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Will someone please tell me what I need to do? I have attached a screenshot of what I have tried.

This is the error message that I get that prompted me that I needed the Sp1 for Windows 7. If I am wrong about needing the Sp let me know, but that is what I found when I searched Microsoft for a solution.:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected

Attached Files

• Attached File  cmd.jpg   108.87KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hello!

1. To me remains incomprehensible why You do not install SP1 by the usual method, using the Windows Update system. It works perfectly and all procedures are automatic
  2. If you want to do this manually, then the easiest way to use windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe or windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe (depends on the system)
  3. if you want to use the Elevated Command Prompt, you must know what it means and how to use it (elewated command promt means that You run command prompt with administrative rights), I see you have run it without administrative rights.
  4. How to use Elevated Command Prompt - https://www.faqforge.com/windows/manually-slipstream-sp1-into-windows-7-installer-dvd/
  5. Dowwnload windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe or windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842
  6. More info https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15090/windows-7-install-service-pack-1-sp1

#3 DorisMB1956

DorisMB1956
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

That link for the SP1 is no longer valid so this is the only way to get it downloaded I'm guessing.  I tried again with admin and took a screenshot. It didn't work again.

Attached Files

• Attached File  cmd.jpg   159.43KB   0 downloads

#4 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Oddly. I can download (just now tried again, everything works), You can not.
My Windows 7 update system downloads and updates automatically, your didn't got.
If so, I can not recommend anything more.
Maybe somebody is smarter and can.

Edited by zainmax, 12 September 2017 - 05:37 PM.

#5 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:24 AM

Hi Doris,

The error you have posted can be safely ignored if your system have some problems that error means nothing.

Please execute the following steps to collect some info about your system and allow me to see if the system is recording something related with the problem.

Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:

• List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices (select Only Problems)
  • List Minidump Files

• List Restore Points
  • Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

And also this:

• download Speccy Portable save the file to some place
  • extract the Zip file spsetupxxx.zip to an empty folder
  • run Speccy/Speccy64 according to the Operating System you have

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

• In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  • In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  • Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box

Please post the resulting URL.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users