Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IE11 Slow to motionless

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 damaj76

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:16 AM

I 11 very slow loading Web Page Interestingly enough I choose Fox new to be my home page and it loads in about 15 minutes or not at all. But when I change homepage to MSN it loads in seconds if not instantly. Something smells about this

Edited by damaj76, 12 September 2017 - 02:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,135 posts
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:35 AM

The No Add-ons mode allows Internet Explorer to temporarily run without any add-ons like Toolbars, ActiveX controls, etc. The No addons mode in Internet Explorer is rather useful when you want to troubleshoot incompatible browser add-ons or extensions. It is also very useful when you want to troubleshoot a problem like say freezing of your IE, to identify whether it is related to any add-on.

Open a command prompt windows, type the following and hit Enter, to open IE in No addons mode:

“%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -extoff

Then if you need to, the  through Internet Options > Manage Add-ons, you can enable or disable each add-on to identify which, if any, add-on is creating problems.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users