Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot change screen brightness HELP!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deneco4

deneco4

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:03 AM

I bought a ASUS VG278Q with windows 10 as a primary monitor for my 2 monitor setup and I cant, for the life of me, find any way to change the brightness. In Device Manager it shows as Generic PNP. I've tried to update drivers but it says its up to date. I've enabled and disabled device. I've tried to find drivers on their website. I've tried keyboard commands. I've looked in action center. I've looked in display settings. I've looked everywhere. Cannot fix.

Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:30 AM

You can change brightness, contrast, saturation etc from the monitor's OSD menu, unless sRGB Mode has been selected in the GameVisual function:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20Monitors/VG278/VG278_English.pdf?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:23 AM

I've also changed screen brightness using the CCC mechanism for my AMD GPU.

Louis

#4 deneco4

deneco4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

I figured it out. You know where the setting was hiding? In my Nvidia display settings. Windows had no control over it. I right clicked on desktop and skipped past "Display settings" and went to "Nvidia settings". Jesus that took a while to find.

Thanks to all you who posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users