Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 start up troubles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 melonyclef

melonyclef

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this as I am new to this website and isn't really into technology, but please help

I recently got a new Asus UX330UA and I've only used it two or three times, but now when I turn it on it goes to the Asus logo page, and then a loading screen appears below it saying "preparing automatic repairs", then another loading screen saying "diagnosing your PC", then it goes to a blue menu saying "automatic repair, your PC did not start correctly" and goes a restart and advanced options buttons. The restart leads the computer back into a loop with the loading screens, and in "advanced options", "continue to windows 10" also restarts the PC, looping back, and resetting the PC gives "there was a problem resetting your PC". Going to start-up settings in advanced options gives me a list of options with a restart key, which also leads back to the loading screen loop, as does "startup repairs". I have no points on my PC to system restore. 

I know my list is very messy but I would really appreciate any help on what to do at this point. Pressing the F9 button which supposedly leads to a reset menu also does nothing. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:38 AM

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following command will  fixes errors on the disk and locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Chkdsk D: /r

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter.  When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Sfc  /Scannow   /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\   /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter.  When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users