Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Joystick

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flyeguy

flyeguy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

as an old fogie,i'm 58.i'm kinda new to the gaming world,so any help would be appreciated!java script:emoticon(':blink:', 'smid_6')
i was given Microsofts Flight Simulator 2002 a coulpe of years back,& recently purchased a new Dell 310,so installed the game,& have been enjoying the heck out of it.
i wanted to use a joystick,as the keyboard wasn't cutting it,so i purchased a Saitek ST 290 PRO from my local Wal-Mart for abput $20.
its ok,but i have a hell of a time landing the airplane,the thing is really not all that touch sensitive,so i was wondering if anyone out there can recommend a better joystck.
also,whats that clip thingy on the stalk for?????
i've unscrewed it,& dont use it.
also,is Flight Simulator 2004 worth purchasing??
thanks.java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_3')

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

Get the Saitek X52... I know it's $100 (depends where you look), but you wont regret it. I've used it, and I personally would recommend this joystick/throttle combo to anyone.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users