Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobile Broadband Connection to the Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cloudylemonade

cloudylemonade

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Hello People

This is my first post so bear with me if I haven't got things right.

I have a laptop running Windows XP with mobile broadband via a dongle plugged into one of the USB ports.  Clicking on the Google icon on the desktop used to connect me to the Internet but now not so.  I have managed to figure out that if a drive icon (say "H") is not present in My Computer it will not connect.  This can be made to reappear by simply selecting eject from the command menu or alternatively by clicking on the icon for the dongle and choosing Reset CD from the Data folder.  This is rather cumbersome each time you switch the computer on.  Is there anyway I can restore the settings.  It was probably caused by installing or uninstalling a program.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please note that that the network service provider "3" does not use software.

Regards

Cloudylemonade

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

Manufacturer and model for the dongle?

Louis

#3 cloudylemonade

cloudylemonade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

ZTE MF730M

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

This The One?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2017 - 03:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users