Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrew0811

andrew0811

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

Hello, I've been getting this BSOD since I've purchased my new PC around 1.5 years ago.

The thing is, when i got this new PC (win 10) i would be getting BSOD while gaming. I read about that Nevidia drivers and Win10 sometimes do not work properly, so i switched to win7 home premium. However, after the switch, my computer would freeze at random times and then when i force restart it would give me that windows had shut down due to Blue Screen. Now, I have switched back to Windows 10, my computer would freeze randomly (while gaming) and then it would make this buzzing noise while it is frozen. The only way to restore it is by force shutting it down and restarting it.

One weird thing about the BSOD/freezes are, it only happens once or twice until i turn off my computer completely. I am able to run my computer without getting any issues as long as I keep my computer on without restarting it or turning it off. (that is, keeping it on after BSOD has happened once or twice). 

I have switched out my hard drive to an old one i used for my other PC and the problem was not solved. So i doubt it is a harddrive issue.

I have installed all the windows update and the drivers are downloaded straight from the manufacturer's website or the MSI CD. 

System Manufacturer- MSI
          · Exact model number (if laptop, check the label on bottom)- MS-7885
        · OS - Windows 10 Ver 1703 (BUILD 15063.540)
        · x64 (64-bit)
        · original installed OS on system? Win 10
        · Came pre installed, but i reinstalled it with a fresh copy from microsoft CD
        · Age of the computer (hardware)~ 1.5 years or so
        · Age of OS installation - 1.5 years or so

· Laptop or Desktop computer? PC, Desktop
               · CPU- Intel i7-5820k CPU @3.30GHz
               · Video Card- GTX 980 Ti NVIDIA
                 If Desktop please also include:
                      · MotherBoard- MSI-X99S SLI
                      · Power Supply - brand & wattage- 800 Watts SLI/CrossFirex Ready

Edited by andrew0811, 11 September 2017 - 03:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andrew0811

andrew0811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

i did not do anything to resolve the issue. As long as I don't turn off my computer after the fist BSOD, my computer seems to run fine.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

P.S. Please start with these hardware diagnostics while waiting for a reply from me. Run them ALL.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users