Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AntiGamer4s3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

My Laptop was running slow so I decided to remove all the dust Inside. It was running fast and I was happy. When I started my game it then shutdowns and I started it up It then gave me this message "Windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown"
Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name:
OS version :
Locale ID:
Additional information problem:
BCCode:  116
BCP1:  863DB3D0
BCP2:  9261083A
BCP3: C000000D
BCP4: 00000003
Os Version:  6_1_7601
Service pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
Please, help me.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum, based on the OS version number. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,041 posts
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:58 AM

First...let's try following the guidance at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-bccode-116/70bda113-799b-4b9d-ae50-ca570136e7f8?auth=1 .

If no joy, we will take a look at system data.

Unexpected shutdown errors are fairly common, IMO.  Can be a driver, can be something else.

Edited by hamluis, 11 September 2017 - 04:59 AM.

#3 joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:31 AM

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors of 0x00000116 and 0x00000117 like this:

are usually related to video drivers, thermal issues or both.

Video intensive operations like gaming can cause increased temperatures of your CPU and video components.

If you just cleaned out your system of dust bunnies it would seem things would be better - not worse so maybe something got knocked loose, came unconnected during the process.  Are the cooling fans connected and spinning while the system is running?

It appears your system is generating crash dumps here:

But that file has a date of 08/05/3017 (not yesterday) so what do you think is up with that?  System clock set wrong?

Check to be sure your system is configured like this:

If you want to solve your issue today you need to provide some more information about your system, upload some recent crash dump files for analysis and take a look at the temperatures of components of your system while you are doing whatever you do that generates the crash.

You can download and run this data collection app and upload the information (no need to create a new topic):

Optionally you can answer the following questions, reply with answers, the pasted information (two things to paste) and upload attach recent crash dump files:

What is your system make and model?

If a Dell what is the Service Tag number?

If an HP what is the serial number?

Click the Start button/orb in the lower-left corner of your screen. Or, press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.

In the box enter:

Select/click msinfo32.exe and the System Information dialog box will open.

Click on System Summary, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.

For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just delete it from the pasted information.

If you download the free version of Speccy you can see what your temperatures are and also monitor them while you are performing video intensive things that might cause a BSOD:

You can uninstall Speccy later if you don't like it.

When Speccy is running temperatures in green are good and temperatures in red would be bad (in this example everything is green=good and red=bad):

Remember:  Green=Good  Orange=A Concern  Red=Bad

If you minimize Speccy to the system tray the average temperature will still be displayed next to the system clock so you can keep an eye on it and if it gets into the red, you have a thermal problem:

See if you can reproduce the BSOD while Speccy is running and showing the temperature of things.

Keep an eye on the temperature while you are doing whatever you do that causes the BSOD.

Edited by joseibarra, 11 September 2017 - 06:33 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users