Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Rc1 Anti-virus Software

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

ok i want to know if anyone knows if avg or kaspersky has antivirus for windows vista yet?
If not then what would be a good secondary choice for the time being?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

I've used the TrendMicro beta on previous builds with good results.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

ok ill try that.and thanks.

Edited by J_pyro_C, 18 September 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:27 PM

Just installed it on build 5728 and it went on smoothly. I did get an error message about it not being able to shutdown the Windows Firewall.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:01 PM

avast works perfect with vista 5728 i had no problems installing it go to www.avast.com and download the free home version one thing i like about it is its good and free

#6 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:38 PM

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-antivirus-a...dows-vista.html

check out this web site i installed it built 5600
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the info! The TrendMicro beta expires on October 31. I'll switch to Avast! :huh:

#8 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:26 AM

yes as soon as i put vista back on ill put on avast for sure as i am currently running it on my windows xp computer...

#9 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

well i have installed vista and have put avast on my computer.thanks for your help about antivirus software on Vista.

Thanks,
Josh

#10 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

avast is running perfectly no bugs.everythings running perfectly.
does zonealarm work with vista?

Thanks,
Josh

Edited by J_pyro_C, 19 October 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#11 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:52 PM

and what about AVG?does it run fine with Vista RC1 ive read the article saying that it does on beta 2 but you have to install a patch,do i still have to install that patch on RC1?

(sorry about the quad post lol)

Thanks,
Josh

Edited by J_pyro_C, 20 October 2006 - 11:54 PM.

#12 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:16 PM

well sorry for being impatient but I need an answer, please.avast uses a lot of memory compared to AVG and I use to run AVG so I would please like to know if it works on RC1?

Thanks,
Josh

Edited by J_pyro_C, 21 October 2006 - 11:16 PM.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:56 AM

Some people have reported success at installing AVG on Vista - I'm not one of them! :huh:

#14 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

so it didnt work for you or you just havent tried?

Thanks,
Josh

well anyway im going to try it.

Edited by J_pyro_C, 22 October 2006 - 02:35 PM.

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:42 AM

No, it dodn't work - nor did any of the others. The only one I'm able to get to work consistently is the Trend Micro beta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users