Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 water101

water101

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hi,

I have a Canon MF8080CW printer that works well but has an ink issue. The printer prints perfectly in Black and White but not in colour. I have after market toners in it all from the same manufacture. The issue I have is when I print in colour the left 3rd of the page prints faded but the correct colours. The other part of the page print nice and bright colours with no fading. There is a half an inch of a red and blue streak on the far right side of the page from top to bottom. 

I contacted Canon and they said the issue was that I was using non Canon toners so I had to replace them. The problem I have with that is it printed perfect for a number of pages after I replaced the toners and just started about 10 pages ago. Inside the toner area there is a black sheet that the paper runs on and it looks like there is a streak on the left side but not that wide and I an unsure how to clean it and even if that is the issue.

The printer has only printed about 800 pages or less of colour and don't want to buy a new one since this one still prints well other than this issue.

Thanks

Water 101

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

The printer's rollers are dirty and need to be mechanically cleaned. That's all.

#3 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

if it is the rollers, wouldn't that impact ALL pages, not just coloured ones?

it prints fine in B&W and was printing fine after the toners were replaced.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#4 water101

water101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

The printer's rollers are dirty and need to be mechanically cleaned. That's all.

How would I do that. I cleaner the black sheet that the paper goes on, but after first test sheet there was more toner on the edges. The rollers on the toner cartridges are clean. I am not sure which roller you are referring to

#5 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

2011 Model ? / $450.

After market Toner Cartridges ? Well maybe they are the issue that caused this , so is the first time you used after market Toners ?

You need a Pro to look at it and Service it , even he may not touch it / he might  but no guarantee to a fix and still charge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users