Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can i mix this security together software?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 patricia2626

patricia2626

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

i got sophos home beta the one with hitman integrate inside with the scanner and i got heimdal agent premium and i got offline malwarebytes     will i have any problems running the first two in premium services the same time?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

If you can install both of these, it may happen that they do not interfere each other, but it is generally not advisable to use different programs at the same time if they do the same things.
If you are using, then at least one of them should only be manually triggered, that is, only one can work in real time. The problem appears usually, if they both want to  send quarantine or remove the same thing.

Edited by zainmax, 10 September 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#3 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

I won't recommend to use 2 antiviruses at same time unless one of them was designed to be a companion AV.

Edited by Umbra, 10 September 2017 - 01:05 PM.

Emsisoft Community Manager

#4 patricia2626

patricia2626
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

I won't recommend to use 2 antiviruses at same time unless one of them was designed to be a companion AV.

sophomos is antivurs and the heimal is Automatic Software Updater & Manager with some malware website blocker 

#5 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

sophomos is antivurs and the heimal is Automatic Software Updater & Manager with some malware website blocker 

so both can be used together. ;)

Emsisoft Community Manager

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

Heimdal is a software application that is designed to enhance your security when you're online. It's not designed to replace your antivirus or your firewall, but rather complement these security products.

BleepingComputer Review: Heimdal Free

Heimdal is a software application that is designed to enhance your security when you're online. It's not designed to replace your antivirus or your firewall, but rather complement these security products.

Security for everyone - Reviewing Heimdal Pro

It is similar to using Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) a security scanner which identifies programs that are vulnerable to exploit and need updating. There should be no problems using it.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 patricia2626

patricia2626
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

BleepingComputer Review: Heimdal Free

Security for everyone - Reviewing Heimdal Pro

It is similar to using Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) a security scanner which identifies programs that are vulnerable to exploit and need updating. There should be no problems using it.

which one is more better for that job update 

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

You will receive varying opinions as to which is better...it's more a matter of personal preference.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

It's not recommended to run 2 virus programs at a time but a lot of people run Malware and virus software at the same time. This is more of a problem if you have 2 virus software packages running real time. If you software doesn't do real time checking they are running at the same time so you could use 2 but do scans at different times. Real time means the it detects when attempting to install (running all the time). Non real time software will no remove or recognize it  when you install it but will remove when you do a scan.   

Some companies free version of the software only do scans and the premium versions are real time.

Edited by orlbuckeye, 15 September 2017 - 11:48 AM.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users