Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to fix ''404 not found nginx/1.6.2''

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saska01

Saska01

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

Every now & again,i've come across this error message. :- 404 not found nginx/1.6.2    Sometimes i can access the info. i want,sometimes (more often than not) i get this error message on a previoulsy useable website.

Is there a way to fix it ?.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

The HTTP 404 Not Found Error means that the webpage you were trying to reach could not be found  on the server. It is a Client-side Error which means that either the page has been removed or moved and the URL was not changed accordingly, or that you typed in the URL incorrectly.

So, you can only do something if you own this website, You are an administrator, or you have access to the server. This is most likely website owner problem.

#3 Saska01

Saska01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hi zainmax - It was the new 'Beta' version of YouTube that i had the problem with. YouTube webpage opened ok,but when i clicked on a video to play it,i got the 404 error message.

I never had it before,but YT give you the option of going back to the original format - that worked. I'm assuming that the video was at the same place on the YT server - so ??????.

Many thanks for your answer

, :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users