Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying files from one laptop to another

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

I have been copying files and programs from my old laptop to my new one using a flash drive. I moved everything from the USB drive my download folder which has "downloads" and then the sub folder "my downloads". Some of the items I transferred were folders, when I open "my downloads" everything is the way its supposed to be and the folders all contain there files and everything opens and works fine. When I open the main "download" folder it has all the exact same programs in it that I transferred from my other laptop except it opened up all the folders and saved everything as individual files. So like the read me files that went with the installation folder for winrar are now outside the folder and unless I open all the files I don't know which text documents go with which program? How do I fix this and why did it save them like this? I never had this problem before when transferring files. Thank you 

Edited by spngbobis4me, 10 September 2017 - 01:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users