Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor/video card issue?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pown

Pown

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

I built this computer and bought the screen about a year and a half ago

Maybe 8 months into gaming i started getting this purple taint to the right of the screen, this was at 144 hertz

They dissapeared when i lowered it to 120 hertz but now they started appearing again so I lowered to 100 to be able to play

This is now how it looks at 120 hertz,144 hz is even worse

http://imgur.com/a/PWM7z

Is this an issue with my screen or something else on my computer?

Monitor: VG248QE

Intel i-4460 CPU 3.20 ghz

16 gb ram

Windows 10 64 bit

Amd radeon r9 390

Edited by Pown, 09 September 2017 - 04:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

It could be either but I would think the video card is the more likely suspect. However . . .

Connect the monitor to a different computer - a friend's perhaps ? - and see if the problem occurs there. If it does then almost certainly the monitor is faulty. If the monitor works perfectly there, then try changing the connecting cable as that is the next link in the chain.

If you are still getting the problem with a different cable then the finger is definitely pointed at your video card. If you have on-board graphics dismount your video card and try the on-board graphics. If it doesn't, then you are either going to have to borrow another if you don't have a spare or try your card in somebody else's computer. This process is called 'substitution' and is the simplest means of testing components like these.

If the monitor, the cable and the video card all test good then the only causes left are your PSU and your mobo. Try your PSU first, again by substitution. If you are still having problems, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users