Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building PC for Gaming and Streaming

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted Yesterday, 03:05 AM

I would agree with that it's been shown that AMD truly optimizes drivers for cards getting older over time giving them more usefulness be-it gaming or otherwise. Take the venerable AMD HD 7 series. HD 7850-7870-7970 etc. many still use these cards today because AMD cared enough to make them last with consistent driver optimizations that were relevant to newer games with the given the older hardware architecture. AMD also has had better hardware support for direct-x with newer versions. nVidia cards tend to be faster overall for the dollar for present gaming but the are not as well optimized over time, and .. this may be partly due to how much they sell and want to sell whereas AMD really wants you to appreciate the GPU over time, being of the old school PC gaming mindset (which is cool) actually cares about the gamer. Just my two cents.

Edited by Zone_86, Yesterday, 03:24 AM.

ASUS PRIME Z270-P / 7700k @ 4.7* H110 / Asus GTX 1070 / 32GB DDR4 3200 / 512*256 SSD / 1TB SATA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Kolby-kun

Kolby-kun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 AM

GTX 1050 Ti is bit more expensive and considering current situation, I wouldn't pay any more for already expensive GPU market. Also AMD cards generally hold their value/usefulness longer than Nvidia's.

Still, if you want, you can swap it without problems.

I was wondering why the AMD when GTX has the higher performance but thank you for your insight. Gladly appreciate it.

I would agree with that it's been shown that AMD truly optimizes drivers for cards getting older over time giving them more usefulness be-it gaming or otherwise. Take the venerable AMD HD 7 series. HD 7850-7870-7970 etc. many still use these cards today because AMD cared enough to make them last with consistent driver optimizations that were relevant to newer games with the given the older hardware architecture. AMD also has had better hardware support for direct-x with newer versions. nVidia cards tend to be faster overall for the dollar for present gaming but the are not as well optimized over time, and .. this may be partly due to how much they sell and want to sell whereas AMD really wants you to appreciate the GPU over time, being of the old school PC gaming mindset (which is cool) actually cares about the gamer. Just my two cents.

Well Said

Edited by Kolby-kun, Yesterday, 08:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users