I am trying to setup a Windows Remote Access Server for VPN clients. At first I was in a lab environment and everything was working fine. My Windows 7 client connected.
Now I want to come in from the WAN side (outside). I have yet to make a connection.
What I have done so far:
- Installed the Remote Access role on a Server 2012
- Added the server to a domain
- In active directory users and computers, changed the property settings in Dial in tab to "allow access" to each user.
- Created the preshared key
- Opened port 500, 1701, 4500 on my soho firewall
The error I am receiving is, "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer."