Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The 25 Worst Web Sites

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

Dan Tynan, PC World
Friday, September 15, 2006 05:00 AM PDT
People say hindsight is 20/20. When it comes to the Web, hindsight is more like X-ray vision: In retrospect, it's easy to see what was wrong with dot coms that tried to make a business out of giving stuff away for free (but making it up later in volume), or to make fun of venture capitalists who handed millions to budding Web titans who had never run a lemonade stand before, let alone an enterprise.

It's so easy, in fact, we can't help doing it ourselves. So as venture capitalists scramble to throw money at anything labled Ajax or Web 2.0, and Web publishing becomes so simple that anyone with a working mouse hand can put up a site, we offer our list of the 25 worst Web sites of all time.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127116/article.html

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:53 PM

They put MySpace at the top?!?!?! How I despise the editiors who made this list :thumbsup:

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:07 AM

MySpace #1 how dare they. And then having the nerve to place
Microsoft Windows Update @ #16
What must they be thinking. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, it is a pretty good list of sites to avoid.
Excepting MS Updates of course. No getting out of that.

Edited by Scarlett, 18 September 2006 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:59 AM

I find myspace stupid..Who wants to post info online for the world to see. What ever happened to using a blog on a private site for friends?

#5 no one

no one
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

I would have to say that myspace is perfect for all the closet extroverts that want to expose themselfs (in more ways than one sometimes) with out having to do it in front of "real" people I suspect, under the mistaken notion that everyone is as nice and non-malevolent as they are. any thing used for good will be used for evil (and more often I suspect). I support anyone's right to post on myspace, if they choose to do so, But I do think they should be fully informed about the possible problems in doing so. Please remember always, never post a picture or info you wouldn't want your mother to see (or a psychopathic would be stalker)

Edited by no one, 18 September 2006 - 11:49 AM.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#6 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

Unfortunately, I am forced to use Windows Update.

I use Hotmail too, but that is my 'disposable' email account. If it gets spammed, its no big deal. :thumbsup:

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

I havent used windows update in about a year or so maybe longer. Maybe I should but I have gotten lazy. Being on dial up its slow.

#8 LaChica

LaChica

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

Well, the creators of MySpace said it was built for "making relationships and dating" but then the music artists took it over.
So they can't do anything about it.
I made a myspace. Then a fat guy and other people tried to be friends with me.

Microsoft Update. It's been awhile and sometimes it won't allow me to download the updates even with internet explorer.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users