Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BlueScreen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dashtheraichu

Dashtheraichu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hello! Generic title, I know, but it's late and I'm unable to come up with anything better.
This specific laptop is a school supplied one, and as such I do not really know all the stuff done to it. It came pre-installed with windows 7 professional, though when I look at the bottom of the laptop it tells me it should be windows 8 pro. (I was disappointed too.) 32-bit, I've had the laptop 2, 3 years, and I have had to use the restore utility that the school had on it at one point to force it back to windows 7 back when we got 'free' versions of windows 10. Hp 255 G3 (Forgive me, its most likely wrong. I could go find the box if I need to.) I do not know how old it is specifically, as the school could have mailed me a used one they simply re-installed. 
I was doing my schoolwork tonight, and I ran a class connect with the program that I've always used to run it. Once it started, I had to pause it as I was reading something, but it wouldn't pause, and after playing for 4 seconds it crashed into a bluescreen. Something about an uncorrectable hardware error. I let it go into safe mode with networking, trying to figure out what I could from it with google but not coming up with much. Deciding to test the waters, I went back in normal windows, and I ran the program again, and this time it got to about 10 seconds in until it glitched the entire screen out and was unresponsive completely. I had to force restart it with the power button, rebooting normally I tried to see if it was a graphics card issue, but no luck. I checked device manager and it didn't tell me any errors, but I noticed my computer didn't tell me to press f3 to boot into the restore utility when I turned it on that time. It was very laggy and slow, I couldn't click on the task bar without it freezing, so I restarted it to safe mode with networking, and after a slow boot up I installed malwarebytes, though I haven't scanned yet in case I am not supposed to. 
I believe it came with Mcaffee, though I think I uninstalled it a few months ago or something since I can't seem to find it in control panel. 
I also noticed when it was loading drivers, there was a few little blue.. sticks at the top left of the screen, but I didn't manage to catch a photo of it before it went away. I hope this computer isn't going to go out on me, as I have unfinished schoolwork on the laptop, and I haven't ever had much good luck with blue screens before. 
My apologies in advance, as I could not give all the information requested since this is a school provided laptop and I will need to eventually return it back to the school when I am finished with this year. Thank you to whoever helps me, I'm not the best with hardware issues!
(PS. I could post photos of the blue screen and the glitchy screen if requested, it won't be too hard to do!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Dashtheraichu

Dashtheraichu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

My apologies, I could have sworn I had it attached!

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Hi,

Since this laptop is school property (and not your property), I suggest you ask the IT department to have a look at it. They should be responsible for your laptop and should provide you a new laptop, if necessary. BTW, your OS is 32-bit and there are no 32-bit drivers for your model on HP's website. So even though I have strong reasons to believe your AMD graphics drivers are potential culprits, we can't reinstall them.

Regards,

bwv848

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Dashtheraichu

Dashtheraichu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

As it had been shipped to me, I can't bring it to any IT from my school. At best I could shoot them an email about it and try to see if they can do anything about it.  I'll try to look into getting my drivers updated for it myself, thank you for the fast replies!
I hope you have a nice evening, and once more, thank you for your attempts to help me out.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

You're welcome. Regardless, you should really bug them. It's THEIR computer, and THEY should be the ones doing the troubleshooting — not you! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users