Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook homepage won't fully load with Chrome, multiple PCs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SinisterMatti

SinisterMatti

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

For the last couple hours I've been unable to get my Facebook homepage or feed to open on either my windows 7 PC or my windows 10 laptop. When I attempt it, the top bar with search, my name and profile pic, and the notifications pops up, but the notifications can't be clicked on. If I click directly to my profile on the top that will load completely and I have full access to notifications and messages, but I cannot view my actual feed. I've tried rebooting both computers, powercycling the router and modem, clearing all cache and browsing data, and reinstalling chrome, and disabling my addons, without any change. If I use another browser that works perfectly, but I'd rather not have to use a separate browser for facebook. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by SinisterMatti, 08 September 2017 - 09:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:38 PM

If this only happens on facebook then this is not a browser problem.
If it happens on almost every website, Chrome cache folder is likely to be more than full and needs to be cleaned.
If you use the default settings, the Chrome cache folder is there:
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache

This folder must be regularly emptied, otherwise Chrome will not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users