Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got My New Build Today

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

I posted earlier asking for parts for a new build. Well....my grandpa has already picked and ordered the parts to surprise a couple days early. It's an awesome computer. Here are the specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16341 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (192 GB Free); D: 1274 GB (493 GB Free); E: 97 GB (76 GB Free); F: 1171 GB (666 GB Free); G: 1181 GB (214 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI, Z270 PC MATE (MS-7A72)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Only Drive C and Drive F came with it, the others are from a USB drive. There are some flaws though.

1. When I first tried to start it I got a message that no boot drive could be found. They had the HDD set as boot device. Problem solved.

2. The HDD that came with it isn't being recognized as even existing in Windows Explorer. I'll check that out tomorrow.

3. The internet (wifi) is very very slow but that's improving the more I use it so it might just need to be broken in. I watched 2 hours of streaming video on Hurricane Irma with no buffering.

It's liquid cooled. I can't tell you what the brand of the cooler is, it has a glass side with lights that change colors. I know he spent more that the $800 budget he had given me. It isn't the Ryzen 7 I was wanting but I know I'll have a lot of fun with it for years.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

Congrats, Henry, that computer is lit!:)

#3 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

It isn't the Ryzen 7 I was wanting but I know I'll have a lot of fun with it for years.

Hopefully you can 'suffer thru and endure' the typical 10-20% increased gaming frame rates offered by the 7700K ....

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

You should be set for a couple years with that machine, and probably much longer if you put in a new video card in a few year if you feel it slowing down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users