Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Screen Turned Foggy!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lostcause

lostcause

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:56 PM

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary recently on my computer. Recently a couple of days ago, the moment you turn it on the screen is foggy. I tried to adjust the monitor but it doesn't go away. It sort of makes this grayish sheet of the entire screen and everything is a bit faded in color.

What caused this?

How can I fix it?

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:36 PM

This sounds like a problem somewhere inside the monitor. I would recommend you take it somewhere and have it looked at. Do not attempt to go inside the monitor yourself though, its extremely dangerous.

#3 lostcause

lostcause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:23 PM

It's not a problem with the monitor. Because the same thing happened when this monitor was hooked up with my old computer. That computer I don't use no more and use the same monitor. It's been fine for months now without any problems.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:54 AM

Because the problem happened with the same monitor on 2 different computers - it's most likely that the monitor is the problem. I'd suggest borrowing another monitor to try on your system to see if the problem recurs.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

Because the problem happened with the same monitor on 2 different computers - it's most likely that the monitor is the problem. I'd suggest borrowing another monitor to try on your system to see if the problem recurs.

That was my logic for suggesting that it was the monitor. I don't see any other reason for having the same problem on different computers.

#6 lostcause

lostcause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

I was going to attempt to reinstall the video driver. What do you think that would do?

#7 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:54 AM

I was going to attempt to reinstall the video driver. What do you think that would do?

To be quite honest, I don't think it would do anything at all.

#8 lostcause

lostcause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:27 PM

What does that do for your computer? What about the video adapter? Are they the same thing?

#9 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

What does that do for your computer? What about the video adapter? Are they the same thing?

The video adapter is just anothername for the video card. The driver is what makes the video card work, but if you already havea driver installed for it, then it doesn't make much since to install another one, unless its a newer one.

#10 lostcause

lostcause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:17 PM

No, I went on the computer help on my computer. It said if graphics are blurry to reinstall the video driver.

So, whats the worst that could happen?

#11 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:41 PM

No, I went on the computer help on my computer. It said if graphics are blurry to reinstall the video driver.

So, whats the worst that could happen?

The worst that could happen is what I said above-nothing at all. since the consequence isn't really too badI suppose its worth trying, although I'm pretty sure the monitor is the problem and not the driver.

And its also worth noting that windows help is extrremely general. Best to take what it says with a grain of salt.

Edited by Gary335, 18 September 2006 - 01:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users