Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VPN for using Popcorn Time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clayvligon

clayvligon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:40 AM

Ok guys just a query that needs to resolved is that I use popcorn time a lot but lately due to office commitments I have to travel and some areas for popcorn time is geo-restricted. Can you help me out in making a decision as to which VPN provider should I choose ?

This blog has given me choices but am not too sure to choose which one! Remember if I am buying VPN then obviously I would be using for other purposes as well.

Regards,

Clay

Edited by clayvligon, 08 September 2017 - 06:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 clayvligon

clayvligon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

No one out there? Need help regarding my query ?

#3 garymiller

garymiller

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:10 AM

No one out there? Need help regarding my query ?

It would have been a lot better if you can elaborate a little more of your actual query. But, keeping in view the limited query you posted, I assume you need assistance in finding a VPN for Popcorn Time which is due to the fact that the streams most visitors visit are subjected to different clauses which are deemed inappropriate-to-view. I would recommend getting ExpressVPN or CyberGhost as these two VPNs have by far proved their mettle in every way to facilitate a streamer. 

But, having said that, your use of VPN is not limited to the streaming function only. It's advisable to stay at bay from such options and go for paid and more reliable resources online. 

#4 clayvligon

clayvligon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

Thanks gary but as you said I was not clear in explaining my query then let me rephrase it. My primary reason of using VPN would be Popcorn Time only and I don't want my streaming speeds to take a toll while connected to a VPN. Secondly I can use VPN for online transactions as well. So for this purpose I wanted to choose a VPN which can satisfy my needs. Adding to your point I have no issues in buying a relible VPN service as long as its up to the task!

#5 JacobIdris

JacobIdris

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:31 AM

Thanks gary but as you said I was not clear in explaining my query then let me rephrase it. My primary reason of using VPN would be Popcorn Time only and I don't want my streaming speeds to take a toll while connected to a VPN. Secondly I can use VPN for online transactions as well. So for this purpose I wanted to choose a VPN which can satisfy my needs. Adding to your point I have no issues in buying a relible VPN service as long as its up to the task!

Yeah people use VPNs for these kind of stuff and it's totally normal to use one. I do use Popcorn time vpn when I am using torrents or streaming. I personally found this one out from some blog I think, it was related to streaming and pop corn time and vpn usage. So far I get all my help from here. Hopes this helps. 

And as Gary has said, yes I'd second him and urge you to avoid a free one go for  reliable paid vpn services.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users