Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My FPS in games has dropped since i moved my computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CorneliusGeekdom

CorneliusGeekdom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

Before I mention the problem here are my specs

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon ™ R9 390 Series
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 1500 MHz
Core Clock - 1050 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 384 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 6.00 Gbps
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-

I also attached some pictures from the CPUID HWMonitor app, I was playing Elder Scrolls Online while the app was running. (im looking at the GPU utilization and its just hopping all over the place its either stuck at 0% or jumping around a bleepton)

So basically what happened with my computer was I moved it to my tv so i could play dragon age and lie in my bed, the next morning i move my computer back to my Monitor where it usually is and everything is fine until i begin to play it later, i get on Elder Scrolls online and everything is fine until i get to the character screen and the fps drops to about 40fps where it usually stays at 60, ok thats fine i can live with 40fps right? Well i could  it wasnt for the fact that as soon as i log into the game the fps drops to what is about an average of 12 fps... which is completely unplayable... its not just elder scrolls online its dragon age origins, dragon age 2 and neverwinter nights...

I've checked all of the cables in the back theyre all in the right spots connected to the video card and not the motherboard so thats not the issue...

So yeah... can anyone help me with this? I've been trying different things for the past few days and im worried because ive tried everything i can think of...

Attached Files

Edited by CorneliusGeekdom, 07 September 2017 - 09:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

My only guesses would be Internet traffic and possibly the weather. If clear skys and a change in the time you are trying to play don't help I at a loss to suggest more

Sorry

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users