Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win 7 partitions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 barry cohen

barry cohen

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

How to remove an unused partition in my C drive? win7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

You have to be very sure which partition you want to delete if you delete wrong partition you will make Windows OS un-bootable.  You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition program to manage partitions.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:52 PM

Your C: "drive" is a partition.  It cannot contain other partitions.

Are you referring to a different partition?  You can check by gpomg StartRun...type diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter.  It will show all drives and all partitions which Windows can recognize..

Louis

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

If you right Computer in the pop up menu you will see Manage click on it. When the pane opens click on Disk Management.  You will see a small usually 100mb just above the C drive plus your CD drive.  Those are all valid not to messed with, unless you added a partition there will be no others.

Edited by OldPhil, 11 September 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 santhoshsocial

santhoshsocial

• Banned Spammer
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

Open Disk Management Through right click on My Computer / Computer or This PC And now Selected manage. Choose Disk Manage from left panel. Now right click on a drive and now click Shrink Partition. Type Size in MB And Then Click Generate.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

I would not shrink or delete anything...until I was sure just what the OP is trying to do.  As originally stated, the situation does not make sense to me.  To assume what the OP wants...without feedback from the OP...is a mistake, IMO.  It's been almost 3 weeks since initial post without any followup or additional info from OP.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 26 September 2017 - 12:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users