Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! My computer is acting weird when I try to play league and overwatch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bratherad1

bratherad1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hello,

Comp specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 @ 3.4GHz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Mother Board: ASUS Maximus IX Hero

Ram: Corsair Vengence 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3000

I use a Corsair Strafe Keyboard

I built my computer a few months ago. As of recently, when I try and play league of legends or overwatch, nothing else on my computer will respond. when running these two games only, I am not able to use chrome or any other typing programs that involve typing. Chrome will not respond when I start to type in the search bar. 

When I play Overwatch I can navigate the game perfectly when I use the mouse only. I can look, shoot, and use an ability that I have bound to a button on my mouse. When I press any key on my keyboard, the game will freeze and not respond. When the game freezes so does chrome.

When I play league of legends, MY fps drops to around 50-60 the whole game. League of legends will allow me to play when I press keys on my key board, but chrome will still not work when I start to actually play. 

All other games on my computer, which are in steam, work perfectly fine and I have no problems with them. If you guys have any idea what is going on with my computer please let me know. 

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doomsy

Doomsy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:35 AM

That... Doesn't make any sense. You have a very good PC, much better than my crappy one, and I run overwatch at decent fps, and I can use chrome.
Maybe reinstall the corsair software, and possibly reinstall the GPU drivers. Also check the temperature of your CPU and GPU. Also, what is your monitor's refresh rate?
I really wish I could help you more. I have basically no experience with this.

#3 SMWade

SMWade

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

Check if games match minimum specifications of PC or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users