Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

used computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nailz1

Nailz1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Recently I bought a CNC plasma cutter from ebay. I drove 400 miles to pick it up and the guy who sold it to me gave me a whole bunch information on the dell latitude laptop that came with it. I asked if all the passwords were there and he assured me that they were all written down. So I brought it home it took me a while to  get it set up, but finally I did. but when I tried to log onto the computer the password he gave me did not work. I have tried everything, I called him back ten times and all the passwords he gave me did not work. He said his son set it up and he would call him but now he is not taking my calls. I would really like to use this computer, it supposedly has MACH3 installed on it which I need for the CNC controls and there are a couple of CAM and CAD systems that I need too. plus the computer has the copier connection in the back for the driver. So to replace it I would need to buy another computer with the copier port and then about $500 dollars worth of MACH3 and CAD software. I have tried the F8 function for the reset but there is no "repair my computer" option available. I have looked into buying a setup disk but I don't know what exactly what to buy, plus it would erase the programs that are installed. I have tried all kinds of admin password resets from the F2 function but nothing seems to work. I called a repair place and they said there was nothing they could do because they do not know if its stolen. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheComputerGuru

TheComputerGuru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

you would have to download ubuntu desktop 14.1 on a usb sandisk to boot off of it to be able to get in to your windows files. once your able to boot from ubuntu usb thumbdrive you will go in to windows /system32 folder and find osk.exe file and cmd.exe make a copy of each and rename them from osk.exe to osk1.exe and cmd.exe to cmd1.exe . now the other copies your gonna rename from osk.exe to cmd.exe and the cmd.exe to cmd.old

this will allow you to be able to boot in to windows login screen and use the accesibility functions like onboard screen keyboard and double click on it this will bring up the cmd in elevated admin level giving you access to change your admin password to be able to login to windows without losing any data or programs,

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

This will lead you in the correct direction as to various ways , you decide.

I prefer the last Posts , Tool.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/641971/is-windows-password-removal-possible-wataatapi-adapter/?hl=%2Boffline+%2Bwindows+%2Bpassword+%2Beditor#entry4200483

#4 Nailz1

Nailz1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try it tonight. I'll let you know what happens.

#5 Mike_7

Mike_7

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try it tonight. I'll let you know what happens.

What happened?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users