Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer boots on but there's no signal to the monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ledgerson

Ledgerson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

PC Specs:

Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4-M
CPU: Intel i7-2600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB DDR3
GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8 GB
PSU: Corsair RM850

Hello, all.

The other when I woke up, I turned on my PC (I usually put it in sleep mode) and there was no signal to the monitor. I reconnected the cable a couple of time but no luck. Decided to use my onboard graphics and there was a signal.

In device manager, I saw an error - 45 or something like that. It said "device is not connected to the PC". Turn it off, reconnected the GPU but still nothing.

Though my GPU was dead and decided to check with my old one and it was the same - no signal at all.

After that, out of nowhere there was no signal from the onboard graphics either.

A friend of mine told me that day there were storms.

So, is it possible because of the storms mine PCI-E slots were friend but everything else is just fine? Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

PC Specs:

Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4-M
CPU: Intel i7-2600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB DDR3
GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8 GB
PSU: Corsair RM850

Hello, all.

The other when I woke up, I turned on my PC (I usually put it in sleep mode) and there was no signal to the monitor. I reconnected the cable a couple of time but no luck. Decided to use my onboard graphics and there was a signal.

In device manager, I saw an error - 45 or something like that. It said "device is not connected to the PC". Turn it off, reconnected the GPU but still nothing.

Though my GPU was dead and decided to check with my old one and it was the same - no signal at all.

After that, out of nowhere there was no signal from the onboard graphics either.

A friend of mine told me that day there were storms.

So, is it possible because of the storms mine PCI-E slots were friend but everything else is just fine? Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you need to get a new motherboard and a graphics card.

#3 deltawar567

deltawar567

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

"Error Code 45 is a common device manager problem that users encounter on any Windows 2000 and later operating system versions. The error occurs when your Windows system fails to acknowledge the connected device by either stating that the device is not present or that it was previously attached to a computer."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users