Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mic picks up ALOT of my own pc sounds (not leaking)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mambans

mambans

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hello, I've got a Fhilips fidelio x2 with V - Moda BoomPro mic and a ASUS Xonar U7 MKII. And I've got a problem where my mic picks up a lot of my computer sounds. I can have videos at like 20% volume and people in my discord can here it quite clear though my mic Its almost like some of the sound goes through my mic and then to the headphones. This problem also existed before i bought the Asus Xonar U7 MKII (when i used my motherboards audio). Anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it? And yes, Stereo mix is disabled.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

The headphone/microphone cable is supposed to be shielded from this kind of cross talk interference but there is a lot of cheap hardware out there that doesn't quite  provide the isolation needed.  Check it out with a known good headphone/microphone set.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

turn down the mic gain.  then it won't be so sensitive.  

#4 mambans

mambans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

Forgot i had an extension cable :) When i removed the extension cable at least half of my own the sound disappeared from the mic but i have another question. Is it normal for mics so have a "static sound" when at high volume? Like this (this is my mic, i normally have it at 92%)

Edited by mambans, 07 September 2017 - 12:35 PM.

#5 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

depends on the type of mic and how they are built.  but yes if you turn up the gain on any mic your gonna pickup all kinds of room noise.

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

The most common noise my mic picks up is the fan on the desktop.

#7 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

is it blowing towards the mic? if so then point it away from the mic or you could try a foam windscreen on the end of the mic.

#8 mambans

mambans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Luckily Discord removes most sounds but I was just curious. And its not he blowing sound i was pointing out, I was talking more about the cracking sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users