Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Laptop Randomly and Regularly Loses Wifi Connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mike8387

mike8387

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

I have a ~3 year old Asus X552e laptop which has begun regularly losing the Wifi connection perhaps 2-3 times per day.  Fixes I've tried include updating the wireless adapter drivers, changing the power settings so that Wifi does not switch off when in power-saving mode, and running the troubleshooter if and when it does go off.  

The connection always comes back upon restarting, but obviously time and sometimes work is lost by losing all browser activities and having to restart the whole system.

This began happening within the last 2 months or so; it occurred to me that a Windows 10 update released during that time may have been a partial cause.  

Mobile and other devices using the same router have no such issues, so the problem is only with this laptop.

Can anyone suggest any possible solutions? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

If you have the Original Mobo Disc , uninstall and also select "delete from PC"  the Wifi Drivers.

Then Reboot and install the Original Drivers from your Mobo Disk.

If no Disc , before you uninstall , download the Oldest Driver or later to your Buy Date from the Manufacturer and try that.

If you are running Win 10 , and still have problems , goto Mobo Site and Dload any update for Win 10.

Possibly is a Win 10 issue and you wouldnt be the first to have issues.

Someone else with more experience in this field may direct you to Post some Logs to identify the issue further and a remedy.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Intermittent WIFI can be caused by another nearby WIFI router on the same channel.  I use insider to view the WIFI channels and the routers using them.  It gives you the signal strength of those signals and you can see if there's a signal on the same channel or a nearby strong signal that may cause the interference.  You can the choose a channel away from others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users