Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant graphical/audio stuttering

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vomit

Vomit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

For months I've tried every possible solution I could find but nothing has helped even a little. I turned off Turbo Boost, updated every driver, turned off global v-sync through control panel, turned off gaming mode and DVR, and the only thing I think of is that it might be my monitor being a free-sync opposed to g-sync.
Specs:
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 7700 @ 3.60GHz 36 °C Kaby Lake 14nm Technology RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1199MHz (17-17-17-39) Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B250M-DS3H-CF (U3E1) 28 °C Graphics VX2457 (1920x1080@60Hz) ASUS VH198 (1440x900@60Hz) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Gigabyte) 49 °C Storage 119GB Ironside Titanium 128GB SSD (SSD) 1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 38 °C Optical Drives No optical disk drives detected Audio Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

have you tried the basic's like:

how full is your SSD?  If your close to the max size of the drive then I could see some issues with paging file.

did you try the normal stuff like:

defrag on the HDD don't do it on the SSD (not needed)

then run some malware scans with JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) & ADWcleaner both in the download section of this website.

my kid is always complaining about video/audio issues and it always turns out to be malware/adware he has installed on accident.

#3 Vomit

Vomit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

have you tried the basic's like:

how full is your SSD?  If your close to the max size of the drive then I could see some issues with paging file.

did you try the normal stuff like:

defrag on the HDD don't do it on the SSD (not needed)

then run some malware scans with JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) & ADWcleaner both in the download section of this website.

my kid is always complaining about video/audio issues and it always turns out to be malware/adware he has installed on accident.

I have defragged and my ssd is around 60% full. I scanned as well and found no viruses with Norton.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

Did you miss the Quote - DONT !!!!   Defragment a SSD from Mightywiz ? { Google It }.

Cant see it being the Monitor as you said Audio also has distortion.

Check your Processes and CPU % and Memory Usage.

You could run Malwarebytes { Free } and JRT to cleanup anything Malware related , and try again.

I dont have anything to add in regards to Win 10 , others will jump in. 

#5 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

norton is not good enough. the other programs i suggested look for specific infection that antivirus software doesn't scan for.

please run the JRT & ADWcleaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users