Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

first BSOD, now computer doesn't display anything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mariopoke68

mariopoke68

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

Just to give you a preface, this occurred when I was trying reapply thermal paste on my processor. So after I reapplied the thermal paste and put the processor and heat sink back in, I got a blue screen something about UEFI unable to find a file upon rebooting. I don't know why this happened but I believe the computer was on sleep mode when I was reapplying the thermal paste. 

Anyway it also gave me an option to go to my BIOS settings if I pressed ESC, to which I did. As I was looking through the settings in BIOS, it suddenly froze and I was unable to move my mouse cursor. Puzzled, I turned off my computer and now it wasn't displaying anything on the screen anymore. My mouse and keyboard lights weren't turning on, however my Blue Yeti microphone still had the red mute button light on. All the fans are still functional. 

At first I thought it was the processor that went bad, but I tried changing it to another processor and still the same result. So I'm guessing maybe it has to be either the motherboard, or power supply, unless both processors somehow got fried? I tried unplugging everything and holding the power button for 30 seconds, and resetting CMOS, - nothing is working. 

I don't know, this all seems so sudden especially since I was just trying to reapply thermal paste. Maybe it was a bad idea that I took out the CPU in sleep mode or something. Could you guys offer some advice? Thanks.

Edited by mariopoke68, 05 September 2017 - 07:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums as this is way beyond my abilities:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users