Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Set up microphone built-in for speech recognition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Threesom666

Threesom666

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

My pc comes with a built-in microphone though not that great or loud but I noticed win 7 has a speech recognition feature. I was thinking of using it with the built-in microphone but it appears they want an external microphone. Whenever I use my built-in for the speech recognition it doesnt recognize it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

This was discussed before. From a different perspctive - how to diasable it - but the information might be helpful. After all if you know how to disable something you will probably learn how to enable it. Worth a look -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536744/how-to-disable-windows-speech-recognition-at-startup/?hl=%2Bspeech+%2Brecognition#entry3387441

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 05 September 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#3 Threesom666

Threesom666
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:18 PM

Yea after reading it actually turn me to never attempting to enable it. Since it seems like such a problem to have and worst to get rid off. I just thought I could use it to communicate with the pc and have a lighter use of it.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

An interesting article here -

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3124761/windows/the-windows-weakness-no-one-mentions-speech-recognition.html

I have never tried voice recognition but I understand that 'training' is the secret but Window's software takes more training than most. cortana, in win 10, apparently is very good at speech recognition but does not interface with, for example, MS Office. It also to an extent depends on the quality of the associated hardware such as microphones.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users