Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DadaMan

DadaMan

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

Rep1bgc.jpg  
Product Name: Compaq Presario CQ5700F Desktop
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

dear friends, hope all is well.

I have been getting Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033 , Problem: Shut down unexpectedly
Files that help describe the problem:
090317-16021-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
I NEED HELP!
Thank You, Ralph
Additional:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002E38820
BCP3: FFFFF88007BFA980
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090417-17877-01.dmp
C:\Users\r\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24991-0.sysdata.xml

Things I've done:
Uninstalled and reinstalled AVIRA free as I could not open it. I finally removed it and installed MSEssentials. I sent a note to Avira and waiting. I am wondering if the computer might have an infection?
Ran both CHKDSK and sfc /scannow and there were no bad sectors or files found.

Uninstalled and reinstalled software for the Netgear wireless adapter using the disc that came with it per Netgears suggestions. The adapter is working fine.

Performed these steps:

🌟🌟How To Do It 1. Go To My Computer 2. Select C Drive 3. Type DMP In The Search Box 4. Select & Delete All The DMP Files 5. Now Right Click On The C Drive And Click On Properties And Click On Drive Cleanup 6. Delete All The Files 7. Now In My Computer Click On System Properties then Click On Advanced system Settings And Click On Settings In Startup and Recovery And Then Click Or Uncheck Automatically Restart Option In System Failure Done. Now Restart Your PC

Any help or suggestions much appreciated. I did post this as well in the TechGuy forum a few days ago. There's seems to be 100's of these posts./videos...

Best, Ralph

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Microsoft has a hot fix for this error, you can download it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DadaMan

DadaMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

Dear Friend, Thank YOU!!!

Love the footer in your message. So true and something that has gotten lost in much of today's society. We need to get back to our "roots" The family as your well aware has been under severe attack in ways too numerous to mention here.

I should of put this in my Post as well. I found and tried that Hotfix and it does not apply to my computer. In fact many people have found this same problem.

Keep me posted.

Blessings from Vermont.."the tree hugger state" :) 
Raphael

#4 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

By following the "How to do it" steps you wiped out your crash dump files which is what you are going to need to get a lead on the issue.

Make your Advanced system settings look like this:

[attachment=197654:1db9d2e2%2d84c5%2d46c9%2d9b3a%2d1e885e44c0de.jpg]

Is there something in particular you are doing when the system crashes (watching videos, playing games, etc.) or does it seem completely random?

Restart your system and do whatever you have to do do get the system to crash a few times to accumulate some crash dump files.

The follow most of the instructions in this link (don't create a new topic) to upload the requested information about your system:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#5 DadaMan

DadaMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:02 AM

Thank You!
The small memory dump is set to 256 KB, the other options there are (none) or Kernal memory dump. Which is even smaller and less informative.

One of the only ways to get the computer to create a DMP file would be to reinstall AVIRA. It has not had a blue screen since I changed the AV to MSE.

What you like me to do? I think *AVIRA is a better AV then MSE, *but it suddenly wouldn't open or operate like it was before all this started.
These steps below which I finally did as a last ditch effort wiped all the memory dump files and the folder is empty.
If my memory serves me correctly one of the things that would trigger a blue screen when AVIRA was still installed may have been to disconnect or reconnect the Ethernet cord or the Netgear mini wireless adapter M300/WNA3100M. I always had these both connected at the same time and it never created any issues.
Uninstalled and reinstalled software for the Netgear wireless adapter using the disc that came with it per Netgears suggestions. The adapter is working fine. I tried it on another computer to verify was functional.

Performed these steps:

How To Do It 1. Go To My Computer 2. Select C Drive 3. Type DMP In The Search Box 4. Select & Delete All The DMP Files 5. Now Right Click On The C Drive And Click On Properties And Click On Drive Cleanup 6. Delete All The Files 7. Now In My Computer Click On System Properties then Click On Advanced system Settings And Click On Settings In Startup and Recovery And Then Click Or Uncheck Automatically Restart Option In System Failure Done. Now Restart Your PC

Is there any information in the Event Viewer that might be useful? Perhaps in the Summary of Adminstrative Events under Critical?, etc..

Sincerely, Rapahel

After thought:
There is the Avira Reg Cleaner that apparently in some cases needs to be run in order to clean out all of the registry keys and then trying to do a clean reinstall AVIRA. I have not tried this yet.

Edited by DadaMan, 07 September 2017 - 02:39 AM.

#6 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:03 AM

I am not a fan of many third party AV programs having seen lots and lots of BSODs related to them, their big footprints and consumption of system resources (CPU and RAM) that you would probably rather have going to other things.

Sometimes folks just think that extra protection is good for them, sometimes they are forced to use these troublesome products because of their environment and many times they come preinstalled on systems and can cause problems.  Sometimes when folks install them they choose to apply too much protection thinking that more protection must be better and then they have problems or things don't work right later.

IMHO Microsoft Security Essentials is adequate for most folks.  It has a small footprint and does not consume many system resources (CPU and RAM) compared to others.  If you like to surf close to the metal or probe questionable sites you might need something else.

Maybe a new/fresh installation of Avira wil run fine.  I will never install it on my system (or McAfee, or Norton, etc.).

You cannot properly diagnose a BSOD by looking at the Event Viewer - the information just isn't in there.  Look all you want but for me I don't care to see it since it is a waste of time.

If you configured your system like I illustrated and don't follow those "steps" that wipe out your crash dump files you should be in good shape to figure out the problem if there is another BSOD.

Most folks will eschew registry cleaners but if you are going to use one you should have a plan for what you are going to do if your system becomes afflicted or won't boot at all when you get done using the registry cleaner - how are you going to undo the damage especially if your system will not boot?

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

There are numerous programs which purport to improve system performance, make repairs and tune up a computer. Many of them include such features as a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer, etc. Some of these programs even incorporate optimization and registry cleaning features alongside anti-malware capabilities. These registry cleaners and optimizers claim to speed up your computer by finding and removing orphaned and corrupt registry entries that are responsible for slowing down system performance. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are borderline scams intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 DadaMan

DadaMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

Thank You my Friend Jose,

Very good insights and advice...

So, I'll likely stay with MSE for now and Thanks to you (and some other kind souls) I have a good tool to use if any of us run into this problem. 
I shouldn't be amazed with this recent issue even though I have been using AVIRA for a few years. It came highly recommended from another informed person that had good results with it. Of coarse we all must leave room for human error cause none of us got this all figured out. Sometimes I even question the value of all the technology we've acquired and where it may end up bringing us if we are not wise and forget what our real priorities are in this gift of life.

Be well and stay safe...

Take care, Raphael

#9 DadaMan

DadaMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

There are numerous programs which purport to improve system performance, make repairs and tune up a computer. Many of them include such features as a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer, etc. Some of these programs even incorporate optimization and registry cleaning features alongside anti-malware capabilities. These registry cleaners and optimizers claim to speed up your computer by finding and removing orphaned and corrupt registry entries that are responsible for slowing down system performance. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are borderline scams intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product.

Thank you dc3..I must admit I have used one of those horrid cleaners in the past and came out alive Thank God! The one I did mention was specific to AVIRA and was designed by them as far as I know and it "appears" it was for a specific purpose who were likely having issues with AVIRA running correctly as I've just experienced as well as other folks out there in cyberspace.
Have a pleasant day and keep us posted.
Best, Raphael

#10 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

Sometimes when Microsoft put out their patches and updates that tighten up security holes some third party programs you have installed for a long time will malfunction when the hole is plugged.

That is one reason why so many complaints start with "Windows update broke my computer!" - that and not paying attention to what updates are being installed and accepting and installing hardware driver updates offered by Windows Update which is never a good idea and can be disabled.

Read this link to see how to do that

If you like your Avira they might have a new version that works just fine (but I still ain't installing it to find out).

Edited by joseibarra, 07 September 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#11 DadaMan

DadaMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

Jose..Thank YOU!
What do you like or suggest?
"The other side of the coin"
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/246587-microsoft-faces-class-action-lawsuit-windows-10-upgrade-policy
Best, Raphael

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users