Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping Noises

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ford_Origin

Ford_Origin

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:05 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536308/hearing-random-beeps-from-my-laptop-at-times/ - Hamluis.

Hello,

I am having an issue with a beeping sound coming from the HDD i think. It is really annoying but i am afraid it will lead to catastrophic failure soon so need a resolve asap.
I have managed to record the sound of the beep but am unable to upload it to here, If you send me your email details or something i can send it through.
Also i have included a screen shot of my system from Speccy.
I have also run a test from Seatools for windows to check the drivers. Would someone please tell me if there is anything wrong and how it may be fixed?
From what I can tell there seems to be nothing wrong with the HDD or SATA.

It tends to start beeping with the system is under load. I run 3D software like Unreal Engine 4 so it might have to do with that.

My system is the MSI Stealth Pro GS63vr.

Thanks a million

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 05 September 2017 - 09:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Please follow the instructions below.  If you follow these instruction it will create a link which you will post in your topic.  When this link is clicked on it will open a webpage with the full Speccy Snapshot.  There is a great deal of information in this report.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy1.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Ford_Origin

Ford_Origin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:04 AM

Here is the link you are after. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RPOzZ5gMLZ76EutP4AE3j6W

I intentionally opened many different programs to try and load the system so you could see the specs and temps when it is under load. although is did not make the beeping sound when i did.

I have a feeling maybe it has to do with the C drive. not sure though.

Also here is the sound of the beeping i recorded the other day. if the link is expired let me know and i will reload it.

Computer beep sound : https://clyp.it/gwchibd3

Edited by hamluis, 06 September 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

There is no sound.

Producing the Speccy Snapshot is very simple... if you follow the instruction correctly.  I appears that you didn't.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Ford_Origin

Ford_Origin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

There is sound... there are sounds of something ticking over at the beginning and at 9 secs you hear the beep. I just triple checked it and there is the sound of it...

https://clyp.it/gwchibd3

I did follow your directions exactly and it was working, I dont know why it isn't now. But here is a new Speccy Snapshot...

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/WqPEKsPZHV3NWJLbZ5fPFY8

Try that i just checked it and it takes you to all the information.

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

It could just be a sign of stress, is the unit clean and free of dust?

What about cooling, if this is a laptop do you have a chill pad?

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#7 Ford_Origin

Ford_Origin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

I do not have a chill pad but I elevate the laptop up so there is a large gap for air circulation underneath.

As for the dust i am not sure. it looks clean from just looking through it. it is a new laptop (from last nov) but i will unscrew it and have a look to see if it needs a clean.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

Your computer is overheating.  CPU  53C,  Motherboard  57C,  Graphics  49C.

The operating system was installed on April 17th 2017, so I'm guessing that this computer is new.  Unless you have a storm of dust floating around this computer I don't see how it could have accumulated enough crud inside the case to produce these temperatures due to a lack of circulation.  You can try blowing it out with a canned Duster, but I doubt it will make a significant difference.  I would watch these temperatures, these are already too high, but if they get higher they could cause damage.  You might want to consider purchasing cooler pad to help keep the temperature down.

#9 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

Well cleaning it is a good start, as is getting a chill pad

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#10 Ford_Origin

Ford_Origin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

Well I just opened it up and cleaned out what ever dust was in there... (hardly anything)

So you both think it is just because my system is being put under too much load and over heating which is causing the beeping sound? (maybe a warning sound)?

#11 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

That would be my guess, it is a gaming laptop so maybe the chill pad idea is a good place to start.

Even if it was a failing hard drive in the end getting the chill pad is still a good idea so you can keep your hardware cool.

Heat is a big enemy to gaming laptops

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

@MadmanRB

There are no problems with either the ssd or the hdd.  The S.M.A.R.T. Attributes in the Speccy show the drives to be problem free.  You would benefit by reading these logs.

#13 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

Indeed I did, still though hard drives do fail even when smart data looks fine.

I mean it could be the head of the HDD faltering, Smart doesnt really detect issues like that.

Edited by MadmanRB, 06 September 2017 - 11:06 AM.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

@Ford_Origin

Can you feel a flow of air coming out of the side vent?

Can you hear the fan inside the laptop?

The bottom line is the fact that you computer is running too hot.  All of the temperatures I post support this.  If you are not using this laptop on a flat solid surface this could account for some of this over heating.  Get a cooler pad and see if the temperatures come down. 

#15 Ford_Origin

Ford_Origin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

Yes you can always feel the flow of air coming out of the side vent.

You can easily hear the fans inside the laptop. This laptop is known to have loud fans and when I use heavy load software like UE4 I always make sure to switch the fans from "AUTO" to "COOLER BOOST" to encourage as much as flow through as possible.

I always tilt the laptop up so the fans are elevated allowing better air circulation.

But i will have to look into a cooler pad.

Can you tell me at what temperatures for the CPU,  Motherboard , and Graphics are where it starts to enter the over heating category? then i can look out for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users