Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optical Mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 La Princess

La Princess

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:52 AM

I have the Dell mouse that came with this PC...2 button with scroll I like that. But it has the ball and I have to use a mouse pad. I have a small PC desk with a keyboard tray (small keyboard tray..large keyboard) and this is where I also have the mouse and mouse pad thought this would work but I have to type at an angle or move mouse and pad to be comfortable...
I don't know if this is the right place to post this? If not, I am so sorry. Anyway I have decided to get an optical mouse...finally...I need help on buying a good one..there are so many it makes my head spin.
I have looked at corded/wired and no cords with batteries, there are some nice ones some with recharger some without just run by batteries, nonchargeable so I would have to buy new batteries, and I would think that they would slow down more quickly??
Some are really small and ergonomically designed.
I have the green plug (sorry I don't know what the correct word is for that) some have an adapter for this type. I have a Dell Dimension 2400 maybe it can use both I have 4 USB 2.0 in the back and 2 in the bottom front.
Any help would be appreciated.
TYIA,
La Princess :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:47 AM

Hello and good morning La Princess.. I just thought I would tell you about my mouse. I cannot tell you about the other kinds but I really love mine and I just thought I'd share. LOL I use the Micro$oft IntelliPoint Optical Trackball. It did come with the green apapter. I like the control I have with the trackball.. and the optical part is great.. no moving it all over. It has back and forward buttons right on the mouse.. I find that to be an extremely useful feature. Oh.. and it cost about $30. LOL.. and there is my .02 cents. :flowers: :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:22 AM

LOGITECH WITH A WIRE...
Laser light system, never requires cleaning - unless one drools extensively - tee-hee

Unless you're in a remote area, wireless technology might be a problem.
(I can change anyone's TV, 'puter, Stereo, etc, with a simple click of my controller - and do just for fun with some.)

Shop around your local outlets by phone or pc for the best price.

regards,
~Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 La Princess

La Princess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:00 AM

Hello and Good Morning to you Pandy. Not great here temp 23 with wind chill factor of 7 and we have been under a wind advisory for the past 2 days with gusts from 35 to 50 mph. :thumbsup: shouldn't complain this is just the start of winter here, it usually is that cold and colder, with the high winds. But usually there is snow, lots of snow not unusual to have a foot on the ground this time of year.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. :flowers:

Hello Koan that is the one that I was really considering and it is only $15-$17.00. Thank you so very much for the info, much appreciated, you help me make up my mind on which one of the 4 I was looking at and it was the only wired one of the 4. I was really wondering about the wireless...run on radio frequency and all. Thanks so very much. :trumpet:

La Princess :inlove:

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:37 AM

$17.00 USD is a fair price.

Many like the wireless. But others can mess with you (as I told you I can; and it is
a security fault also.)

Don't know where you're living - but I'd move further south or a lot lower in elevation.
These old bones don't stand the cold too well anymore. More power to 'ya Lady.
-7 are you nuts???

regards,
~Koan

:thumbsup: Tee-hee

BTW - when I bought this Logitech mouse - there was a One year warranty from the
maufacturer, and the individual (Local) added one year to it. But, I think I paid $19.00 for it less than two years ago +/-.

Edited by KoanYorel, 13 December 2004 - 09:38 AM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:30 AM

I happen to like logitech products and have one of their keyboards and a wired optical mouse that fits my hand well and never gives me problems.(MX310) Most optical mice will be just fine, but you need to actually touch/feel/try it out so it fits your hand.

Living in Chicago just off the lake, I know what winds and cold IS, too.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users